Sunday, July 17

West Godavari girl is Miss Universe India 2011


Vasuki Sunkavalli,popularly known as Vasuki in the Indianmodelling industry, has been selected to represent India at the Miss Universe contestthis year. She says she is confident of making her country proud. "In this competiti on, I met a lot of people from different parts of the country and from different professio ns. That was very interesti ng. I am very confident, hopeful and determine d that I will bring the crown back. I will give it my best," Vasuki told to reporters . The 26-year-old West godavari(Unguturu) girl settled in Hyderabad was crowned Miss Universe India 2011 through former Miss Universe-turned-actress Sushmita Sen's Wadhawan Lifestyle I Am She contest ata private ceremony here Friday night. But the results of the contest were unveiledin the media Yesterday.With the title, Vasuki has won a cash prize of Rs.200,000, while Parul Duggal and Tanvi Singla won Rs.100,000 each. All three beauties will represent India at the International beauty pageants this year.